Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday January 20th

Delayed post I know but somehow I keep forgetting to blog before bed. I'll remember sometime in the afternoon or early evening and think well I could blog right now but there might be some things I'd like to add into a post later on....and i forget.

I think the house has officially become loose leaf tea drinkers! D and I went to David's Tea (which conveniently is at the near by mall) and picked up our first batches! T tagged along as well but didn't buy anything. Coincidentally we bought 3 black teas, I bought Southern belle which has bits of dried peaches and yogurt drops in it. It smells deliciously sweet but not in an overtly juice like way. I think this tea would be delicious as an iced tea in the summer over some ice. I also bought cream of Earl grey which we haven't tried yet but the smell is just amazing. There are what looks like little dried purple petals in the tea and the sales person described it as vanilla earl grey tea. Yum! Thats another thing, the women helping us was so kind and when we said we were just looking to try something new she gave us the catalog and responded ' Just pick a couple that you would like to smell and we can go from there.' Great customer service and I'm already excited to go back.

I was looking through the catalog last night and have already found a bunch of teas that I would like to try! There are a bunch of black teas that I think would be tasty (the earl's garden, three wishes tea) but I think we want to try a white tea next (white tiger, secret weapon). Although all the flavours have tea that I want to try! The Green tea (sencha pear, some velvet morning) and the winter teas (apres ski, snow bunny, alpine punch). Sarah really wants to try the Jungle ju ju Herbal tea. Theres even a bunch of caffeine free ones that would be nice (kanpe, raspberry nectar, creme brule). I was even scrolling through Teaopia's website looking for interesting flavours; definitely becoming a tea fiend. I need to reel myself in though because I do want to make sure I actually drink the tea and don't just buy and buy and buy.

Forgot to mention but D bought the cheeky lychee tea which is light and refreshing like a lychee. Its quite tasty, as well as some agave nectar which we've been using as our sweetener. After the agave nectar I'd like to try yacon syrup; while agave is made from a plant source yacon is made from a root and is supposed to taste richer and more caramelized.

I also picked up my moccassin's yesterday! They are super warm inside but are a bit cheap looking. I know they were only $20 and I will still enjoy them (when the snow melts!) but I do wish they were of a bit better quality. I still have my $10% off coupon. I haven't decided if I will order the birks (or maybe the uggs). I guess i'll just wait and see. I'm definitely going to be spending quite a bit when I go home next weekend with the makeup and the tea things i want to buy (travel tea mug, tea pot, tea box, official tea cup) and that doesn't even count the ADORABLE winnie the pooh mug and tin box set I saw on the Indigo website. It is $9.99 and available at a Chapters near my parent's house. Its just perfection and I cannot wait to own it. Speaking of purchases I also bought the yes to carrots shampoo. It was on sale for $5.99 at shoppers and I have been curious about how it performed. I'm a bit more weary of organic shampoos since I think the RUSK one has made my hair much thinner but this was on sale and If I don't like it I can always give it to my sister or send it home.

Yeah definitely been going on a bit of a shopping spree lately, and it will be carrying through to next weekend when I'm at home. *Sigh* so much for saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment